Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Curse and Gift of Thinking Hard

Sometimes, I refer myself as a Hamlet, that character in that Shakespearean play who overanalyzes his situations so much that he becomes caught in the web of his thinking. He is literally a victim of his own cognitive spider. When I first read, or rather sparknoted, that play in my senior year of high school, the dimensions of his character spoke so much the dimensions of my own character, or at least my interpretation of it.

Something I might wanna on this year since this is my last real year here is at CAL is to "take things as it is" (as quoted by Voltaire from my APALI internship this year) sometimes. My human relationships are on the line and I really want to make the people around me happy and myself happy. I know there will be a lot of fluctuations throughout this year, but it really all depends on how I approach it.

1 comment:

Didi said...

I feel like I can relate. We'll work on this together! :)